Check out this free-resource-loaded, link-filled article at my Worth Sharing website, then get cranking with your own PM Boot Camp!
[Caveat: This is my book! So there is (duh!) some conflict of interest in my recommending it to you! However, I honestly believe it’s full of good stuff that any self-directed learner can use to develop project management (PM) skills & insights. And since it’s FREE to read all 300 pages online, what do you have to lose?! — Mike Greer, owner/editor of this blog.]
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Check out this new review at my WORTH SHARING website:
- Free Management eBooks: A Comprehensive Collection of References and Tools for Managers (includes a Video Tour!)
So why visit my WORTH SHARING website? See:
Topic: Professional certification and how to develop your own, do-it-yourself PM (project management) certification
Format: “White paper” written report with step-by-step instructions for developing your own certification
Reviewer/email: Mike G – firstname.lastname@example.org
(NOTE: While this document focuses on PM (project management) certification, much of it could be applied to certification in any field.)
Yes. I’m serious. As someone who has helped to create PM competency lists and certifications, I think it’s time you got the inside story. And I think it’s time you certified yourself as a fully competent PM practitioner. This 16-page PDF article reveals:
- The difference between certification and competence
- How certifications are created
- How certifications are sold and acquire power
- The benefits of do-it-yourself PM certification
- Specifically, step-by-step, how you can create your own professional-grade, thoroughly defensible PM certification