Loads of links & plenty of great free resources to help you retool! Check out the full article here.
Trying to develop a project-based organization? Check out this latest listing at my Project Management FREEBIES website:
[Caveat: This is my book! So there is (duh!) some conflict of interest in my recommending it to you! However, I honestly believe it’s full of good stuff that any self-directed learner can use to develop project management (PM) skills & insights. And since it’s FREE to read all 300 pages online, what do you have to lose?! — Mike Greer, owner/editor of this blog.]
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
New on my WORTH SHARING website: Some of my favorite articles, blog posts, and videos that I posted during 2014. Some are important. Others were merely fun or gratifying to create and I want to share them again before they disappear beneath 2015’s posts. Check them out!
I’m proud to be one of the speakers in the Conscious Software Development Telesummit scheduled for November 10 – 21, 2014. This FREE virtual event will harness the perspectives of 21 speakers as they focus on some of the secrets used by top companies to improve their software development projects!
From the website:
“Consciousness = Awareness + Choice
Conscious Software Development means you apply Awareness and Choice to all areas of application creation. [Are you…?]
- Fed up with scope creep ruining your delivery schedules?
- Exasperated when your development team’s software turns to “shelfware” by your users?
- Afraid of project death marches where deadline after deadline is missed?
- Worried about more subtle forms of failure that you might not notice until it is too late?”
21 speakers will tackle the issues behind these frustrations and help you figure out how to avoid them. For more info… and your FREE “instant access” pass… go to: http://conscioussoftwaredevelopment.com/
Check out this new review at my WORTH SHARING website:
- Free Management eBooks: A Comprehensive Collection of References and Tools for Managers (includes a Video Tour!)
So why visit my WORTH SHARING website? See: