Loads of links & plenty of great free resources to help you retool! Check out the full article here.
[Caveat: This is my book! So there is (duh!) some conflict of interest in my recommending it to you! However, I honestly believe it’s full of good stuff that any self-directed learner can use to develop project management (PM) skills & insights. And since it’s FREE to read all 300 pages online, what do you have to lose?! — Mike Greer, owner/editor of this blog.]
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Last July I launched my Project Management FREEBIES website. Since then the site has listed more than 99 PM FREEBIES! And there are more on the way every month. If you’re a self-directed learner struggling to master Project Management, you’ll likely find lots of valuable items there. Click the image below to learn more.
Topic: Project Management
Format: Online chapters, with videos and links to additional resources
Reviewer/email: Mike G – email@example.com
Looking for a gentle introduction to software project management? This is a good place to start!
I’m teaching a free, live video class on WiZiQ: “Become a Project Management Minimalist!“ on Friday, December 3, 2010. (NOTE: This will be my first time teaching on the WiZiQ live training platform.) To learn more and to register, click the graphic below. Hope to see you there!
Can’t attend the class? Then check out the free video series, Free Video Series: Become a Project Management Minimalist.
Special note to buyers of my eBook, The Project Management Minimalist: Just Enough PM to Rock Your Projects!:
- Immediately following the session named above, I’ll be running an open Q&A Session titled Open Discussion: Applying The Project Management Minimalist eBook.
- If you have questions or suggestions about using the ebook or any of its tools or concepts, please join us in this free-form, interactive discussion. Click here for more info.
Hope to see you at one of these sessions!