Check out these highlights from my 2015 publications!
Topic: sleep, science of sleep, sleep medicine
Format: print articles, worksheets, interactive games & photos, quizzes (self-checks)
Reviewer/email: Mike G – email@example.com
Everyone needs to sleep and sleep well! Recent developments in the field of sleep medicine make it possible to analyze your sleep, diagnose problems, and treat them. The BBC’s Guide to Sleep is an interactive site that provides information to help you learn about the science of sleep, tools to help you analyze your particular sleep habits, and custom-tailored recommendations for improving your sleep.
From the website: “Improve your sleep and improve your life with this comprehensive guide and tool kit, developed in collaboration with the UK’s leading sleep scientists.”
Sections of the website include:
* Sleep Profiler (8-page analysis) to determine how well optimized your sleep is and what you might do to improve it.
* Daily Rhythm Test to help you “…discover your natural 24 hour body clock.”
Since lack of quality sleep can manifest in poor memory and slow reaction time, some memory and reaction challenges are provided:
* Face memory Test to help you determine if you are too tired to accurately remember faces.
* Explore Your Memory — A 20-minute “… fun series of challenges developed by experts.”
* Sheep Dash! — A fun game that will determine “…how alert are you? Can you catch the sheep?”
Other sections of the site include:
* What is sleep? — The science behind sleep.
* Sleep problems — Review of typical sleep problems such as snoring, sleep apnoea, insomnia and restless leg syndrome.
* Sleep advice and tips — “Tips to help you get a peaceful night’s sleep.”
* Sleep quiz — “Do dolphins sleep? How long is a sleep cycle?” and more.
This Guide is fun and informative. And it could help you improve your sleep and the overall quality of your life!