Whether you are a self-directed learner, a researcher looking for both sides of an argument, or an educator trying to stimulate critical thinking by providing students with unbiased “deep dive” details on controversial subjects, ProCon.org is a powerful resource you should learn to use. This video provides a brief tour.
From the website (my bold added):
ProCon.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity. Our purpose is to provide resources for critical thinking and to educate without bias. We research issues that are controversial and important, and we present them in a balanced, comprehensive, straightforward, transparent, and primarily pro-con format at no charge…. The Problem We Are Tackling: The constant barrage of inaccurate, misleading, and biased news and information prevents many people from making informed decisions about important social issues…. Our Solution: We provide free, unbiased, and sourced information so people can better understand important social issues and make more informed decisions about them…. Our Mission: Promoting critical thinking, education, and informed citizenship by presenting controversial issues in a straightforward, nonpartisan, and primarily pro-con format.”
Go to ProCon.org website: http://www.procon.org/
========== You Might Also Like These Reviews from The Best Free Training =====
- ProCon.org: Learn the Facts About Controversial Issues
- Mission: Critical – Interactive Tutorial for Critical Thinking
- Critical Reasoning for Beginners (University of Oxford)
- Video Tour of Web App Reviews: The Best Chrome Apps & Extensions for Education
- Video Tour of Udacity: Free College Courses Online
- HippoCampus: Free Multimedia Content for High School & College Students
- Coursera: Hundreds of Free Courses from 33 World-Class Universities!