Topic: RetroUI, a Windows 8 app that makes Windows 8 behave like Windows 7
Format: $4.99 app
Reviewer/email: Mike G – firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s better than free training? No training! And spending $4.99 on RetroUI might just eliminate the need for Windows 8 training. Here’s how.
If you recently bought new computers that came with Windows 8 and you are stuck teaching yourself or your staff how to use them, ask yourself these questions: 1) Do I need (will I be using) any Windows 8 apps? 2) Do I need Windows 8 to run the apps I use most often? (i.e, to run my “workhorse” apps?) 3) Do I really want to learn to use Windows 8 at this time?
If you can answer “No” to these three questions… and if you are happy with Windows 7 or XP… then you can completely eliminate the need to struggle with and go through training on Windows 8 by simply installing the amazingly cool little app, RetroUI.
Author’s Note: “I am not in any way affiliated with or compensated by the publishers of RetroUI. I’m just a disgusted Windows 8 user who has figured out how to make that confusing Microsoft mistake go away quickly by spending $4.99. We’ve paid for and installed it on each of our Windows 8 computers and it works great. So I want to tell the world!” — Mike G.
============= You Might Also Like =============
- Baffled by Windows 8? These Free Job Aids Can Help You Master It!
- Microsoft’s Office Online Training
- Learn How to Manage, Share, & Store All Those Holiday Photos with Google’s Free Picasa & These Free Tutorials
- Cloud Document Collaboration Using Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Jim Scano’s 17-Minute Video Helps You Take Charge of Evernote
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 from Alison
- “The University of Leo” — Endless Continuing Education from The Tech Guy, Leo Laporte, and TWIT.tv