Got workaholic tendencies? Then maybe it’s time to take a break! Whether you’re vacationing or simply enjoying a day at the beach, these link-filled articles can help you connect with some great tools & media that will help you shift gears, re-energize and maybe even reclaim that long-lost enthusiasm.
- On Vacation? Renew your spirit & recreate your enthusiasm with these 23 inspirational posts & podcasts
- Summer vacation? Take along lots of free books & magazines with these 5 apps!
Loads of links & plenty of great free resources to help you retool! Check out the full article here.
Trying to develop a project-based organization? Check out this latest listing at my Project Management FREEBIES website:
[Caveat: This is my book! So there is (duh!) some conflict of interest in my recommending it to you! However, I honestly believe it’s full of good stuff that any self-directed learner can use to develop project management (PM) skills & insights. And since it’s FREE to read all 300 pages online, what do you have to lose?! — Mike Greer, owner/editor of this blog.]
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!